Bachelor in Sociology
Sociology is a discipline, in which the interaction between humans and society, as well as the processes in which they happen, are examined.
The Department of Sociology currently has an undergraduate program in which students graduate with a bachelors’ degree.
The Department of Sociology aims to improve students’ methodological analysis skills. Sociology education at Bahçeşehir University is conducted under a multidisciplinary format, unlike other traditional sociology programs, and aims to emphasize instances where sociology meets anthropology, international relations and history. Courses which improve vital basic skills of the 21st century in areas such as computers and science, information and society, and energy and society are also given.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Tuition Fee:||$ 7.900 per year|
Graduates of the sociology department are given the opportunity to find jobs in a wide range of areas in the public and private sector, and tackle challenges at syndicates, industrial and commercial companies, miscellaneous organizations, press and media institutions, research companies, schools, and higher education institutions.
When I first came to Istanbul and started at BAU 3 years ago , I was unsure about my future and anxious about the challenges I was going to face like the language barrier and cultural differences.. But Bahcesehir University gave me the support and confidence to grow both personally and professionally because of its very caring, homely and diverse environment.
apart from my study, I have been involved with various activities such as being the Head of event organization in the bahcesehir international student’s committee club (BISC)- which I was previously a part of as the Egyptians representative – as well as my work in the university’s international student’s office where I use my academic and professional skills to improve current and newly registered students lives by answering their frequently asked questions whenever I can.
I am grateful to all my BAU professors , colleagues and friends who I now call FAMILY .
- The Sociology Department conducts undergraduate education with a combined approach of social sciences and human sciences.
- The main goal of the 4-year program is to provide students with an education which explores the contemporary, scientific and global dynamics in the field of sociology.
- The Sociology Department provides the students with optional minor programs in the fields of urban sociology, legal sociology, and social, gender, and family psychology.
- The program’s other main goal is to conduct and support original scientific research in various fields of sociology, such as social movements, urban transformation, migration, social gender, and radical political movements. Research projects aiming to find a solution to social conflicts and social problems created by today’s society will be given priority.
- Global and local dynamics are paid special attention to in research studies.
- Our faculty members play an active role in arranging national and international congresses and symposiums.
- The departments’ highly qualified educators represent 3 main basic disciplines (urban sociology, political sociology and legal sociology).