Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering
An engineer designs, builds, operates, examines the product and the behavior under different operating conditions in order to improve and develop it.
Problems that need solutions and other complications enable engineers to expand and deepen their knowledge in the field. New engineering disciplines occur in this process. Biomedical Engineering at Bahcesehir University is one of these developing and growing momentum in the last fifty years.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Tuition Fee:||$ 7,900 per year|
Biomedical Engineering often deals in the areas of biological systems, in particular, organized high-level in a complex system, the components of the structure of the human body, understand the interactions and functional impairment to identify and resolve the necessary tools needed, equipment and system development.
Examples of the issues involved in biomedical engineering;
- Electronic devices such as EKG and MRI are used for diagnostic purposes, the design and manufacture of the following devices such as cautery and catheter tools are used for treatment purposes, dialysis machine devices, surgical robotic systems, the carrying of various drugs, when necessary the emission of micro-platforms such as artificial materials, hearing aids, instruments that increase the accuracy and sensitivity of limb and organ functions, bone and vascular prostheses and heart valves.
- Interfaces are designed, produced and made ready for use by passing through performance testing equipment, systems and processes in the areas of use of the high performance necessary to serve the development of the human-computer;
- In order to increase the quality and efficiency of health services various processes, management and development of organizational models are established;
Biomedical devices and system performance tests are conducted to create various virtual platforms, mechanical and biological models, design, production and testing.
Bahcesehir University Biomedical Engineering Department has been established to train engineers and educated them on the production and use of theoretical and practical skills as researchers and professionals with a sense of responsibility. The department focuses on science, human anatomy and physiology, basic and applied mathematics, systems modeling and analysis methods, materials, electronics, control and computer issues basic knowledge of medical products and equipment design.
In addition to other engineering departments Genetic and Bioinformatics Department and the Faculty of Medicine have programs that carry out in compliance to the training program. The program focuses on the students’ interests and abilities, their period of study, expertise and flexibility for postgraduate work environment that students are able to determine for themselves.
Bahçeşehir University is one amongst the top universities in Turkey, providing the finest education in the best possible way. Located in the heart of Istanbul, and very close to the Bosphorus, Bahçeşehir University offers students an experience of a very beautiful clash of two continents. Crafting together a diverse and pluralist environment in which no student can feel out of place. It is a family that will guide you to astounding career opportunities. I strongly urge everyone looking for an unforgettable experience to apply here.
Political Science and International Relations Undergraduate student
Students who successfully complete the program are directly exposed to the working life. Some examples include:
- Hospitals and other health care facilities:
- In universities
- Medical research centers
- Medical devices and equipment producing, selling and providing after-sales support for organizations
- In the pharmaceutical industry
- Health care provider in the information-processing unit
Students can also work as if they wish in biomedical, bio materials, bio mechanics, bioinformatics, medical physics, and genetic engineering. Students will be able to continue to pursue a graduate degree in related fields such as tissue engineering. Students will also have the opportunity to attend universities overseas that have a joint program with our university.