Bachelor in Civil Engineering
Civil engineering is arguably one of the oldest engineering disciplines.
It deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and natural built environment, including buildings, roads, bridges, dams, and canals. It is a wide ranging profession, including different sub-disciplines, structural engineering, materials science, geotechnical engineering, water resources, surveying, and transportation engineering.
The vast majority of civil engineering constitutes materials science and physics. As mankind aims to build bigger buildings, utilizing living and working space better, civil engineers face new challenges in making structures which are stronger, more resistant to natural disasters and have greater capacities. With the increasing world population, frequency of extreme weather events, and congestion, and depletion of natural resources, civil engineering remains as a growing and more challenging field.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Tuition Fee:||$ 7,900 per year|
As a civil engineer, there is always a lot to do, as the skills of civil engineers are virtually always in high demand throughout many different industries. The graduates of Civil Engineering program are typically employed by government agencies, private industry or engineering consulting firms and their skills, knowledge and competencies are utilized by these organizations for application of different sub-disciplines, such as structural engineering, transportation engineering, hydraulic engineering, and geotechnical engineering. Civil engineering knowledge has increased through the years to where each of these specialties needs its own training. Although all of these sub-disciplines are considered part of civil engineering, each of them needs its own vast area of knowledge.
The international atmosphere of Bahcesehir University is actually something for everyone who came from a different culture and society trying to find a comfortable environment. It is a significant factor that helped us to get along with the university and even to meet students from all around the world, which is one of the most interesting things. However, being in Istanbul is actually one of the biggest advantages the university has considering the combination between modern, western and the eastern characteristics it is compelled of.
I’d always want to encourage students who want to have a great experience abroad to apply to Bahcesehir University, because for me, it is always going to be one of my greatest experiences ever.
Full-time undergraduate sociology student from Syria
- The ability to apply knowledge of science and engineering
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in civil and construction engineering
- The ability to use modern civil engineering techniques, skills and tools
- The ability to communicate effectively and function on multidisciplinary teams
- An understanding of the necessity to engage in life-long learning
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- An understanding of leadership
- An understanding of environmental sustainability and sustainable development
- The ability to design for earthquake resistant structures
- The ability to identify and solve transportation related problems all around the country